Thursday, September 4, 2008

This week's shopping adventures!

Have I mentioned before that I now have a HUGE love and passion for grocery shopping?! :) Well...here's why:


Publix: Should have spent - $19.62. Actually spent - $8.20 for a total savings of $11.42



CVS, transaction #1: Should have spent - $42.88. Actually spent - $17.88 for a total savings of $25.00. I also earned $8.00 back in ECBs!



CVS, transaction #2: Should have spent - $29.23. Actually spent - $3.76 (paid $2.00 in ECBs and $1.76 cash). I also earned $1.00 back in ECBs!



Target: Should have spent - $32.28. Actually spent - $6.20 for a total savings of - $26.08. I also came away with a $5.00 Target gift card!

I also did a little shopping at the mall for some Bath & Body Works products:
1 Wallflower
1 Wallflower oil refill kit
1 2oz body lotion
2 body scrubs
(I don't have pictures of these, sorry) and...I should have spent - $51.90, but actually spent only $18.73 for a total savings of $33.17!!

At the end of the day, I SHOULD have spent a total of - $182.58; however... I ACTUALLY only paid - $55.07 for a total SAVINGS of - $127.51!!!!!

The really fun thing about all of this is that for Publix, CVS and Target - I was able to use a bunch of change that we had saved up and converted to cash. I didn't have to dip into our grocery budget or our checking account - it was SO much fun! The Bath & Body work stuff came from a different budget.... :):)

Oh, and let's not forget last week's Target run:

Should have spent - $38.00. Actually spent - $6.00 for a total savings of - $32.00
Granted most of these are travel/trial size but you just can't beat getting Zip-lock bags for a penny each or being able to stretch buying baby shampoo or laundry detergent another couple of weeks or getting Johnson's Buddies soaps for free!! :):)








2 comments:

My Favorite Things said...

Way to go, girl!!

Janelle Morrison said...

So encouraged by you, Mando. Your example is amazing.

I'm so glad I get to learn from your display of Biblical Femininity even over 4,000 miles away!